T he International undergraduate program in the Faculty of Engineering Universitas Indonesia (FTUI) is a furtherance of high quality education to produce engineering graduates with abilities to compete internationally by providing students with the opportunity to experience an international education at a relatively lower cost. Students will also benefit from the international exposure they will receive not only in diversity of culture and language but also in establishing international networking. Currently FTUI held two programs of international undergraduate, the joint degree and the single degree program for six study programs and the newly added Industrial Engineering for Single Degree Program.
The undergraduate international single degree program was launched in 2011 as a result of an increasing demand to provide an international quality education locally. Students in this program are not obligated to continue their last four semester of study at one of our partner universities like their classmates who wishes to pursue a double degree. However, students of single degree program are required to do Study Abroad for a period between one to four semesters at an overseas university. The aims are to widen the international perspective of the students, to have experience to study in an overseas university, to enhance language capability, to enhance cross-cultural adaptability. Study Abroad can be conducted during regular semesters or Summer Program.
Study Programs Offered:
- Civil Engineering (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Mechanical Engineering (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Electrical Engineering (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Metallurgy & Material (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Architecture (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Chemical Engineering (Single & Joint Degree Program)
- Industrial Engineering (Single Degree Program)
Type of Program:
Joint Degree Program
- The Joint Degree Program is designed for study period of 4 years: 2 years in FTUI and 2 years in Partner University.
- The maximum duration of study period is 12 semesters (6 years)
- Graduate of this program will receive Bachelor degree from Partner University and Sarjana Teknik (S.T.) or Sarjana Arsitektur (S.Ars) from UI.
Single Degree Program
- The Single Degree Program is designed for study period of 4 years (8 semesters) within UI.
- Students are required to do Study Abroad for a period of one to four semesters at an overseas university (during semesters 5 – 7).
- The maximum duration of study period is 12 semesters (6 years).
- Graduate of this program will receive Sarjana Teknik (S.T.) or Sarjana Arsitektur (S.Ars) from Universitas Indonesia.
- National Board of Accreditation
- ASEAN University Network (AUN) Accreditation
- Queensland University of Technology (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering and Architecture)
- University of Queensland (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering)
- Monash University (Metallurgy & Material & Chemical Engineering)
- University of Sydney (Electrical Engineering)
- Curtin University (Civil, Electrical, Metallurgy & Material, Chemical Engineering and Architecture)
- University of Duissburg Essen (Electrical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (QUT, UQ, Curtin University, University of Sydney, Monash University)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Curtin University – Architecture)
- Bachelor of Design (QUT – Architecture)
- Bachelor of Science (University of Duisburg-Essen, Jerman)
- Sarjana Teknik (UI)
- Sarjana Arsitektur (UI)
Fast Track Scheme:
FT UI students with brilliant academic achievements can participate in the Fast Track program. In this program, FTUI’s undergraduate students in semesters 7 & 8 are allowed to take several Master program courses. Courses that can be taken and other requirements are specified by the Study Program in a way that the students can directly pursue Master program in FTUI and complete the program in 1 year. Thus, the total time needed to complete both undergraduate and master programs is 5 years.
This Undergraduate International Program gave the students the opportunity to have an international standard engineering education with a relatively cheaper cost than going abroad for the whole undergraduate program.
Download Academic Guidebook
For further information, please contact:
Office of PR & Protocol
PAF Building, 1st floor
Faculty of Engineering Universitas Indonesia
Kampus UI Depok, 16424, Indonesia
Phone. +62-21-78888430 ext. 118
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org