I n 2002, Fakultas Ilmu Komputer Universitas Indonesia (Fasilkom UI) established a collaboration with the School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering at The University of Queensland (ITEE UQ) and the School of Computer Science and Information Technology Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT University) to offer an undergraduate International Class Program in Information Technology (IT) and Computer Science (CS). This program prepares its students to become graduates who are able to meet the challenges in the era of globalization, to compete in regional and international job markets, and be able to pursue further advanced degrees. To achieve these objectives, the program is conducted by highly qualified and experienced lecturers in the fields of Computer Science and Information Technology from both institutions. Fasilkom UI is one of the foremost institutions in Indonesia which offers degree programs in IT/CS. Beginning from its roots dating back to 1972 as a centre for computer science, Fasilkom UI has played a key role in developing IT in Indonesia, and continually delivers high quality education, research and services to meet the needs of its stakeholders.
The School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering at The University of Queensland is one of the largest and most prestigious of Australia’s universities. It is internationally acclaimed for its strength in teaching and research and its qualifications are recognized worldwide.
The School of Computer Science & Information Technology at The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology is a leading IT school in Australia, and aside from innovative and cutting-edge research, is well-known for its strong industrial links and careful balance theory and practice.
The era of IT: Information Technology pervades our daily lives, every sector of business, and is set to play an even bigger role in the future
- The need for IT professionals in the local, regional, and international job markets is very high
- It is a fast advancing area with exciting opportunities in pushing the frontiers of science and technology.
- IT today also supports creativity and entertainment, from social networking to games design.
Length of Study
This is a 4-year program (8 semesters). The program arrangement is as follows:
- Period 1: Semester 1 – 5 at Fasilkom UI.
- Period 2: Semester 6 – 8 at ITEE UQ or CSIT RMIT.
Outstanding students will have the further opportunity to enter the Honours degree program at ITEE UQ. Facilities Students will have free Internet access and e-mail accounts, access to computer laboratories, libraries with vast reference collections, and other facilities provided by UI, UQ, and RMIT such as recreation and sporting facilities.
- Completion of high school (SMU) or equivalent program at any year (no age limit).
- Passing the UI International Class Program Entrance Test (Academic Potential Test and English Proficiency Test)
- Registration and information at http://penerimaan.ui.ac.id.
- For international students please click http://www.ui.ac.id.
- Download Brochure – International class for Computer Science
- Curriculum handbook – International class for Computer Science (Indonesian Language)
- UI Digital Catalog – International class for Computer Science
The advantages of this program:
- High quality education from two reputable universities in Indonesia and Australia
- Graduates of this program will obtain double degrees: Sarjana Ilmu Komputer (S.Kom) from UI, and Bachelor of Information Technology (BInfTech) from UQ or Bachelor of Computer Science from RMIT
- Lower study fees compared to taking full undergraduate study in Australia
- All courses offered at both Fasilkom UI, ITEE UQ, and CSIT RMIT are delivered in English
- Intensive courses in small classes
- As an International Student, you will have a unique opportunity to be part of this exciting program with a proven track record one that allows you to earn two bachelor’s degrees at the same time, i.e. Sarjana Ilmu Komputer (S.Kom) from UI, and Bachelor of Information Technology (BInfTech) from UQ or Bachelor of Computer Science from RMIT.
Courses offered in this program cover areas including:
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems
- Scientific Computation
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Business Analysis
- Computer Graphics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cognitive Science
The curriculum is designed to be completed in 8 semesters (4 years). Students will have to take 91 credits (sks) at UI and 53 credits (sks) at ITEE UQ/CSIT RMIT.
For more information about ITEE UQ and CSIT RMIT, visit: